Friday, November 27, 2009

I am using windows 2000 proffesional, I right click on a file so i can use the "SEND TO" f

in on a cd in my cd drive. But it only has



1. 3 1/2 floppy



2. Desktop (create shortcut)



3. Mail receipts



4. My documents



WHERE IS THE?



5. compact disk (e)drive



I am using windows 2000 proffesional, I right click on a file so i can use the "SEND TO" feature so I can savewindows registry



Windows 2000 doesn't support CD burning natively while Windows XP and later do. That's the short answer. You need to use third party CD burning software to burn to a CD in Windows 2000.



As to the installation key, no, you can't do that.



I am using windows 2000 proffesional, I right click on a file so i can use the "SEND TO" feature so I can saveie 6 internet explorerNo nerd jail, it just won't work. Report It


Windows 2000 is the most flawed Operating system Bill Gates has come up with. It will save you tonnes of time, money and sanity to shell out $100 for Windows XP.



As for your problem specifically; it is one of the flaws of the OS.



Solution:



Backup all your data...if it'll let you..lol



Then upgrade the Operating system to XP.
That option uses a technology which wasn't available when win2k launched. You must have used a newer system with Windows XP on it. You can add a link to the E: drive, by searching for a folder called 'sendto' and putting a shortcut in there, but I don't think it will behave the way you want to.



Windows XP has that option for CD's, where it actually copies files to a temp directory on the harddrive until you choose burn cd.
You would have to install burning software on your system to get that option, as Windows 2000 didn't come with the built in ability to burn to a CD/DVD.
3 possibilities:



1) May be that option is not there in your OS. Try updating your OS to Service Pack 4(this is the latest one).



2) Is that your CD writer or just ROM? If writer, Do you also have burning software installed. coz I know 2000 does not have default writer software as in XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security