Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have windows 2000 and when I try to run a DOS program I get this message: program too big to fit i

what should I do?



I have windows 2000 and when I try to run a DOS program I get this message: program too big to fit in memory?ie



You need to upgrade your RAM. You need 256 or more. Buy a RAM at computer shop like best buys usually cheaper then the computer technitions ( get a quote first ). Then call the technition to up it in.



I have windows 2000 and when I try to run a DOS program I get this message: program too big to fit in memory?microsoft internet explorer



That could be because of RAM. If your RAM is small, some of the programs might not get initiated. On your desktop, Right-Click on "My Computer" icon and then select "Properties". This will pop open a window that shows your system's basic configuration, including how much RAM you have.



Other possibility could be because you are running too many programs at once. Try closing other running applications while you that DOS appliacation that you were talking about. Eventually even this boils down to lack of RAM.
Try WindowsXP, it has a better compatibility mode. Right-click on the executable and there should be an option to run as if Win95 etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security