Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I have a windows 2000 server that will stop resolving FQDN for a miniute or two them start again. an

it is a very intermittent problem. one minute I can ping a FQDN and the next I can't but before I can find the problem it start resolving the FQDN again. When it is not resolving the FQDN it still resolves the host name. I can still ping hostname but not FQDN.



I have a windows 2000 server that will stop resolving FQDN for a miniute or two them start again. any ideas?windows mobile



When does this problem occur? When you try to ping from a workstation or from the server itself? Is the server setup to forward DNS requests to other DNS servers or just to resolve them locally? You need to be a bit more specific about your setup, but if the problem occurs when pinging from a workstation, I'd say disable the DNS client service on your local PC. That way all DNS requests are sent to the server. If the problem occurs at your server, check the DNS configuration of it: make sure it points to itself for DNS requests, and disable DNS forwarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security