Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. I have 47 running processes.?

I don't know if its good or bad. Which ones are a must to stay on so I can stop the others in the background making my computer funny at times. I also have Zone Alarm, McAfee and Ad-Aware. McAfee was bought wrong so I had to get other coverage.



I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. I have 47 running processes.?default browser



Have you tried "Security Task Manager?"



I also run windows 2000 and have quite a few running processes that I didn't understand, or know if they were needed.



This 30 day trial will explain what each running process is, and if it is safe to remove.



You just click on each process and a box will come up that tells you everything you need to know about that process.



http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/



P.S...(Although in MY case it didn't make my computer run any better, I was able to check what was actually running and remove anything that wasn't needed. I make sure I run all my scans, AVAST, SuperAntiSpyware and Ccleaner on a weekly basis, as well as running a firewall!)



My com runs great and I don't seem to have any probs.



Good Luck!



I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. I have 47 running processes.?microsoft word download internet explorer



just leave it alone until your PC has become slow. the must are certain important windows process,anti-virus,firewall and any other security software all others are optional.
thats about right....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security