Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Which is the best windows operating system? windows 98, windows xp or windows 2000?

which i should i put on this old computer?



Which is the best windows operating system? windows 98, windows xp or windows 2000?replacement windows



IF it's a slow computer, I would recommend Windows ME. But 98 is alright i guess.



Good luck and i hope this helps.



Which is the best windows operating system? windows 98, windows xp or windows 2000?windows mail internet explorer



microsoft improve on windows 98 with windows 2000 and then improve on windows 2000 with windows xp



so xp is the best between the 3 but if your are planning to get a new operating system i recommend vista microsofts improvement for windows xp
Hi, it all depends on the specs of ur computer because even if one is better than the other still it will be pointless if it does not run well right? Windows 98 can handle a maximum of up to 768mb of ram and does not support dual core processors. I say forget Windows 98 as its no longer even supported by Microsoft. Windows 2000 and Xp are still supported for quite a long time. If u want ur pc to use less system resources and don't care about themes and stuff then Windows 2000 is the best option as it can support all modern computers just like Windows Xp and Windows Xp is based on Windows 2000 and Windows 2000 is cheaper.



In my opinion Windows 2000 is a bit more stable than Windows Xp. Though if u like Windows Xp with SP2 and Windows 2000 with SP4 are the latest of these OS's and u can install which ever one u like. They r both the same, Xp just has a bit more eye candy than Windows 2000.



Good Luck and take care!
Windows 98se still holds up well even today, Win 2k is pretty good and XP speaks for itself.



Unfortunately youve not given the specs of the PC, so its difficult to single one out.



Whatever you do steer well clear of Windows ME. Its garbage,even Microsoft apologised for it, mind you I dont remember them giving any refunds.



Give us the specs of your PC and we can help some more.
So I am not some computer genius or anything but what I advise is from my own personal experience.



I had windows 98 and Millennium (I think that is what it was called) on my computer and ALWAYS had issues. I got the XP and a lot of the issues I was having got better. They weren't resolved 100% but it was an improvement. I used my PC (it was about 3 years old at this time) for digital photography and Photoshop. I also wrote papers, surfed the net, etc. When I had the 98 and the Millennium it ALWAYS froze up or crashed. It got a lot better with the XP.



Personal after 2 more years with issues that started to wear thin on my nerves I just bought a MAC and LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security