Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have windows 2000. I want to upgrade to XP home edition but my computer won't do it Why?

You need the rebotable cd



I have windows 2000. I want to upgrade to XP home edition but my computer won't do it Why?download ie



did you get the softwere if you got it and try to install it by using the disk if you cant then that means that your computer isnt capable of upgrading to xp home basic you should buy a new one



I have windows 2000. I want to upgrade to XP home edition but my computer won't do it Why?windows media player internet explorer



memory too small



not enough hard disk space



CPU too slow



any two of the above



all three
Some computers are just built specially for certain software.



I wanted to go from Vista to XP, but i cant.



its just the way the computers built sometimes
some computers are set up with a specific software that if you try to upgrade it will screw with your computer
its possible your computer isnt compatible for windows xp home edition
More information required for others to help. Give as much detail as possible. Like upgrade software, your RAM etc, etc. What errors do you get?



wdw
In my experience you might not have enough memory or a big enough processor to run it... I have upgraded my kids computer from Mellinium to XP home edition but first I had to wipe the drive then install the XP...It works great good luck ...
You need to make sure your using the windows XP upgrade disc. If that doesn't work you might have to try and format your hard drive and install a full version from scratch.
You have stumbled across the old problem with windows 2000.



For starters, Xp is a cut-down generic version of 2000.



I encountered this problem way back when we first got 2000! My IT boys decided to "do me a favour" and upgrade my Lappy! The result was I lost compatibility with all my old peripherals!



When they tried to revert to the old windows 98.......... NO GO! (In Microsoft terms, 2000 is also an upgrade on Xp.)



It took them a couple of weeks to restore the old girl to normality!



You really need to talk to Microsoft, or an accredited Microsoft IT Engineer to resolve this.
May b some driver and software utility is not compatible with XP. U instead select new installation (advanced) option. If failed boot ur system with WINXP bootable CD and initialize the installation. By doing this XP could ask u to format ur drive so before installing backup data of drive on which u install XP
Because Windows 2000 is considered part of Microsoft's business/professional product line (hence the full name "windows 2000 professional", and can only upgrade to Windows XP Professional. XP Home can only be used to upgrade systems running Windows 95/98/Me.
You need XP Pro if you are going to upgrade from 2000. XP Home will only upgrade from Windows 95/98 or ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security